Michelle P. Carter

The Amazing Race

44 posts in this topic

You know what I would give to be part of that show? OMG. I wouldn't even care if I competed. I'd be happy chasing the teams around with a camera. 

We haven't seen the first episode yet but my mom LOVES the show. I prefer The Amazing Race to Survivor. (Too much drama... just get on with the challenges!) I want them to do a family one again so I can audition with my mini-me before she turns 18 and does silly things like go off to college! :)

6 hours ago, Pete Yagmin said:

You know what I would give to be part of that show? OMG. I wouldn't even care if I competed. I'd be happy chasing the teams around with a camera. 

Camera guys are MAD. They have to run just as fast as the teams (sometimes faster - they'll run ahead of them to get shots of them from every angle) all while carrying heavy gear. I've always admired them, and the audio guys, for the crazy amount of hard labor they have to do on a regular basis. It's nuts!

I just started watching it a few seasons ago. I'm addicted. I haven't seen the second episode of this season yet. It's really nice being able to see all the different places around the world and how the teams interact with each other. Pretty funny.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:22 AM, Pete Yagmin said:

Don't give up! Keep applying. How do they pick? Do they ever have where the public can go online and vote? If so, the Legion is behind you and then you can run around the world wearing Legion M shirts! LOL

:Heroic:

On 4/9/2017 at 1:18 PM, MeriJewel said:

Don't give up! Keep applying. How do they pick? Do they ever have where the public can go online and vote? If so, the Legion is behind you and then you can run around the world wearing Legion M shirts! LOL

:Heroic:

I've never applied TBH. I'd need to find someone who doesn't share my phobias! LOL!!

2 minutes ago, Pete Yagmin said:

I've never applied TBH. I'd need to find someone who doesn't share my phobias! LOL!!

You and @Jonathan McMahon should keep applying together. He says he has applied in the past. He'll freaking take on crocs and snakes! 

Edited by MeriJewel

Ha! I'd do all the swimming, sky diving, and rappelling; I can drive a stick shift and I have passable German for all those countries that speak German... but I am also very out of shape... :D Oh, I'm so out if it's snakes, bugs or eating weird crap...

And my passport expires in 2019... ;)

Edited by Nikki Ackerman

On 4/9/2017 at 3:08 AM, Karma Christine Salvato said:

I LOVE IT!! 💞 WAIT... When did the new season start?? Is it still Friday nights??

It started 2 weeks ago and it's on Thursday nights now. This week is week 3.

I'm super out of shape now too. I'd flunk out first leg. :|

I'd eat bugs! When I use to work at a local pet store many years ago, a vendor brought in chocolate covered crickets. I ate them in front of the customers to gross them out. XD 

My son (12) and I watch it religiously and always "play along" by deciding which one of us would do which challenges.  I would give my liver to be on it for real.

On 4/9/2017 at 10:18 AM, MeriJewel said:

Unfortunately there's no public voting, but I can tell you what casting looks for in a team. The relationship between the two people applying together should be very interesting to watch. You want to have a good rapport (whether it's friendly or adversarial!) and play well off of each other. We like to cast people who are going to be fun to watch, and typically ones who fill certain "tropes" or relationship expectations. Good examples would be couples, siblings, best friends, co-workers, parent-child, etc. If you and your partner have a good story to tell, you have a good chance!

20 hours ago, Nikki Ackerman said:

Ha! I'd do all the swimming, sky diving, and rappelling; I can drive a stick shift and I have passable German for all those countries that speak German... but I am also very out of shape... :D Oh, I'm so out if it's snakes, bugs or eating weird crap...

And my passport expires in 2019... ;)

You can even apply without a passport and CBS will pay for it. :P 

How wants to be my partner ?

I also was just asked if I wanted to try out for a new Race.. its a cross country car race using our own car.. then wanted a Cowgirl and her Truck but I need a partner for that one too. Might be too late. Should have thought of asking the Legion.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:31 PM, Nikki Ackerman said:

It started 2 weeks ago and it's on Thursday nights now. This week is week 3.

Thanks!! That explains why I've missed it. I had class Thursday nights!! I'll add it to my binge-watching list so I can get caught up!!!! :D:D I wonder why they switched days?

14 hours ago, Karma Christine Salvato said:

Thanks!! That explains why I've missed it. I had class Thursday nights!! I'll add it to my binge-watching list so I can get caught up!!!! :D:D I wonder why they switched days?

It was off the air for a long time and lost its usual spot in the schedule. It's hard to keep it the same when it's not clockwork, haha.

15 hours ago, Karma Christine Salvato said:

I go to archery practice with my daughter on Thursday nights, so I've missed it and my mom is kinda over that show but she still has to have the drama ridden Survivor. 

I love Team Fun! Such great attitudes! And the team with the guy that looks like Patrick Swayze.  LOL Am I the only one that thinks that?  They seem like good people too.

The lady teamed up with the red head is such a whiner. I can't wait till they get the boot. XD

1 hour ago, MeriJewel said:

I love Team Fun! Such great attitudes! And the team with the guy that looks like Patrick Swayze.  LOL Am I the only one that thinks that?  They seem like good people too.

The lady teamed up with the red head is such a whiner. I can't wait till they get the boot. XD

If they get the boot. ;) I've seen teams with less skill and grace take the win!

I'm honestly not a big fan of Tara and Joey. They seem sweet at first, but there's a certain tinge of immaturity about them that's really bizarre. Like anything that happens that doesn't go perfectly their way is automatically not their fault. There's like zero responsibility taken. Which is strange since they're the oldest, you'd think they'd have that down pat. XD 

I hope all the contestants watch the season back so they can see how whiny some of them come across. And then spend some time working to improve their inner selves and get a new perspective on life and how blessed we are in this country and how easy we have it in comparison to other places around the world!!

"Team Fun" has the best attitude—especially Becca!! :D:D