Michelle P. Carter

Travelers

30 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen this? It's only one 12-episode season on Netflix so far, but I shotgunned it in two days. I really enjoyed it! I don't want to give too much away about the plot, but let's just say it's like Doctor Who meets Leverage... 

Here's the IMDb page for it. It's produced by (and starring) Eric McCormack of Will and Grace fame. Very different role from Will Truman, though!

Here's the season 1 trailer:

Edited by Michelle P. Carter

5 hours ago, Nikki Ackerman said:

Yes! It's so good! I hope they get season 2!

They do! They actually start production on the first few episodes in two weeks in Vancouver. :D

@Michelle P. Carter  OH MY GOSH ! ! !   so because you posted this I went and watched it .. then the next and the next .. well Now I have binge watch the entire season and am hungry for more.    I love this series ! !

Right now I'm trying to convince Netflix to give Travelers some space at San Diego Comic Con... what better home for it than home of the sci-fi nerds? XD

I absolutely adore this show! They did such a phenomenal job creating the universe. The writers created such a unique and complex story and the acting is spot on! I really hope we can convince them to come to SDCC for a panel or SOMETHING!

I almost just watched this after binge-watching a few other Netflix series but wasn't sure by the little description they gave... I'm gonna go watch the new episode of "Superstore" and then I will circle back around and check "Travelers" out... I'll post again shortly... :D:D

14 hours ago, Karma Christine Salvato said:

I almost just watched this after binge-watching a few other Netflix series but wasn't sure by the little description they gave... I'm gonna go watch the new episode of "Superstore" and then I will circle back around and check "Travelers" out... I'll post again shortly... :D:D

The description (like the Colossal trailer XD ) doesn't really do justice to the show. See what you think after the first episode. :D

Edited by Michelle P. Carter

4 minutes ago, Karma Christine Salvato said:

Oh, I'M IN, @Michelle P. Carter!! I'M IN!! I'm on the third episode, but I was in before the first one was even over!!!! :D:D

Yassss, I knew it! It really has that effect on people, LOL. B|

I LOVE the complex individuals the team "traveled" into!! And I love Eric McCormack!! Totally a different role for him but at the same time I detect that sometimes subtle comical sarcasm... 

1 hour ago, Karma Christine Salvato said:

I LOVE the complex individuals the team "traveled" into!! And I love Eric McCormack!! Totally a different role for him but at the same time I detect that sometimes subtle comical sarcasm... 

I know, right? The role was so different for him that I had to look up who the actor was because I couldn't quite place it. XD 

My favorite line so far is Trevor's...

PHILLIP: "Don't you have a test in the morning or something?"

TREVOR: "Yeah... But I don't gotta study for this one—it's history."

XDXD

For lack of better terms, "Travelers" is a "grown up" or more sophisticated and much darker version of "Quantum Leap" with Scott Bakula which is one of my favorite shows... That "leaping" concept to change history... But "Travelers" definitely has an extra twist and is obviously way darker...

17 hours ago, Karma Christine Salvato said:

My favorite line so far is Trevor's...

PHILLIP: "Don't you have a test in the morning or something?"

TREVOR: "Yeah... But I don't gotta study for this one—it's history."

XDXD

Haha yeah I liked that line a lot too until I realized that history is just as accessible to people in the 21st as it is to where they come from so... they don't actually have any kind of competitive edge on knowing history pre-21st. XD

28 minutes ago, Karma Christine Salvato said:

OMG!! OMG!! NOOOO... MORE NOW!! RIGHT NOW!!

I just finished all twelve episodes!! Whaaaaaaaat... THAT last scene!!!! 😳😱

I know right? @Matan Goldstein and I were just saying today how we just want to watch season 2 right now. Fortunately they have another season and they're filming it right now but it may be a while before we see any of it. :(

Thanks for the recommendation!  I recently binge-watched the 1st season and really enjoyed it.  I loved Stargate SG1, so was happy to see that it was done by many of the same people.  I kind of liked the first half of the season a little better than the second.  The first half was more linear with everyone working toward a specific goal.  Once the goal was reached (maybe ;)), it seemed like they couldn't decide where to go from there and just started trying different things.  It was still good though, just different.

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't help but notice a few similarities to Third Rock from the Sun.  The oldest member of the team is put in the youngest body and has to suffer through high school; the security officer/tactician is a woman; they receive messages from The Director/Big Giant Head by having someone zone out and act as a temporary communication device.  Considering one is drama and the other is comedy, that's pretty much where the similarities end -- but I just found it kind of interesting.  :P

I really didn't watch Third Rock so I didn't have that as a comparison. But it is interesting... it could have been a coincidence.

Haha I didn't even think of 3rd Rock from the Sun. I used to watch it occasionally so I didn't remember the oldest being the youngest, but that's very true. I think when it comes to television, it's interesting to see people put in circumstances that are opposite to them, or at least very new. Gives conflict. :D So I'm not surprised it's happened that way in a few other shows, haha. I really enjoy it. It's so amusing because Trevor is so wise and mature and his parents are like wtf happened to you. XD 

Hello, I'm new here and looking around.

I've really enjoyed TRAVELERS and look forward to second season.

I'd like the characters to reveal themselves to their respective partners/families at some point. Maybe not all of them, but at least one to go through that perspective.

Oh and I've watched 3rd Rock occasionally a long time ago and it's hilarious.