Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Woodard

Forming a team.

11 posts in this topic

• What skills are needed / desired      All Skills needed. The writer's pool only needs peeps to help brainstorm concepts. Will then "hire" artists to work on pre-production from there.
  • Whether location will be a factor     No
  • How many hours the job will take, and over what time period    As many or as little as you can contribute.
  • Whether the position is paid, volunteer, or has a possibility of future profits    Shades of "Volunteer" at start, moving onto profit share motive. No up-front costs.
  • Is it Union or Non-Union    Non Union I guess. Have had no experience with them.

Anyway, I need help forming a company. Locally I will have to find an office but first comes the paperwork on LegalZoom. We'll crowd fund. My resources right now is no capital plus a Hero Engine game world that's largely blank plus a Game Design Document and an unplublished bunch of stories for lore to work on and enhance. Seeing as I am Social Security Disability we need a Treasurer who can be trusted to crunch the numbers. I can ask a local non profit for that help. Or get a trust fund from my family off the ground.

I have a forum if it's still alive: http://facu.proboards.com I can best be contacted on Skype morfiction. I just got a new smart phone which bodes well for the undertaking. For starters, get yourself a free account at http://www.heroengine.com PM me on their forum.

The project's Game Design Document is on Google Drive. I will share the urls to view/ comment to whoever frieends and mentions Legion M on their friend request. Also, friend me on FB. :D I"m ready to hit the ground running on this one. Have been for months.

The genre for the videogame / Intellectual Property is Fantasy with Sci Fi elements. Super heroes as a possibility. Dragon Quest type stuff or early Final Fantasy games.  Let's rekindle some of the magic of "Legend' or any of the classic fantasy movies from the 80s or 90s.

Fist bump?

On 12/16/2016 at 10:35 PM, Jeremy Gamble said:

Are you looking for epic storylines, or missions?

Like in an MMO? Not really.

The Hero Engine is just a tool I'm using to build a virtual meeting place. Thanks for replying. What would you be able to contribute? Do you have experience playing computer or video games? Some members of the team might need to help compare/ contrast different  other games or TV shows or movies to find their Strengths or Weaknesses as an art form. I know I jumbled up my proposal.

My first project is working on a play I have called "My First Detention At Dell House." its about a girl  who is bullied for having a physical disability.

Another project I had submitted to a publisher but the small press was disbanded in some way. It is a novel or series of novels in progress.

My gmail for the Google Drive is facunited.mw@gmail.com.

Edited by Michael Woodard

New goal: selling hardware for obsolette gaming systems. Such as the Nintendo Wii U. There must be warehouses that store the darn things. I heard Nintendo had recalled all the machines in stores at some point for whatever reason. Just to get rid of them. I think they're quite nice pieces of entertainment. The games are great that were designed for it specifically or ported and improved for use with the "wii U gamepad" .... horrible name for such a great device.

If you still need help, I am a business manager.  I have set up and run numerous companies.  I have worked in the entertainment business mostly as a event manager and production coordinator but have rum a start up production management company for years.  Please let me know if I can be helpful.  cyndaj@gmail.com

Thanks for the reply, Cynda. I have emailed you a few times. I have concepts towards a startup nonprofit and would like to hear your opinions. Email me. Please.

On 12/16/2016 at 10:35 PM, Jeremy Gamble said:

Are you looking for epic storylines, or missions?

I wouldn't turn down any ideas you have. Have you previous experience in MMOs?

10 hours ago, Michael Woodard said:

Thanks for the reply, Cynda. I have emailed you a few times. I have concepts towards a startup nonprofit and would like to hear your opinions. Email me. Please.

I wouldn't turn down any ideas you have. Have you previous experience in MMOs?

I have some experience in writing missions for an MMO..  But I've played many MMOs.

On 4/12/2017 at 7:50 PM, Jeremy Gamble said:

I have some experience in writing missions for an MMO..  But I've played many MMOs.

Nice. I still have open spots.

Have you ever played table top games?  I wanted  to adapt a "Dominion Rules" ruleset into a computer game format but had no success.

On 4/21/2017 at 3:03 PM, Michael Woodard said:

Nice. I still have open spots.

Have you ever played table top games?  I wanted  to adapt a "Dominion Rules" ruleset into a computer game format but had no success.

My table top experience is very little, though I do understand the rule sets well enough to let you know that they never work in a multiplayer platform. The reason is because the computers random functions are too iffy if you copy the tiles exactly, so everything becomes imbalanced.  Most multiplayer games use a base +/- damage to make up for this.  

Balance is the hardest thing to get right.

I now have discord..... morty19067#2740. 

Google hangouts:  facunited.mw

Still recruiting for team. Some people replied but haven't talked to them since.

Added links to profile.

Edited by Michael Woodard