Chris L

Oh Captain, My Captain

Who is your favorite Star Trek Captain?   22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Star Trek Captain?

• Capt. James T. Kirk (William Shatner)
    • Capt. John-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart)
    • Capt. Benjamin Sisko (Avery Brooks)
    • Capt. Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew)
    • Capt. Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula)
    • Capt. James T. Kirk (Chris Pine)
    • Other Captain from any series (specify below)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

I have a feeling Picard would win in a landslide... so I might re-do this without Picard later... But here goes!

Picard is the definitive captain, so yes @Chris L you could leave him out but then the choice becomes too difficult as I love all the captains for a variety of reasons each one is perfect in their own way and it's the same with the doctors Bones is the best but I love them all. 💖

3 hours ago, Chris L said:

I have a feeling Picard would win in a landslide... so I might re-do this without Picard later... But here goes!

But then leaving Picard out is like leaving the cream cheese out of cheese cake. Still some good ingredients but NOT cheesecake.

1 hour ago, Jeff Annison said:

Ack---am I allowed to vote if I haven't seen all of them? :)

I feel if you've seen Patrick Stewart you've seen the best. Absolutely no bias here whatsoever. Really.

Although I'm usually not fond of Shatner as an actor, and TNG was my favorite ST series, I had to vote for Kirk (TV) as favorite captain.  I found his passion and creative risk-taking very compelling. 

Maybe he's not referred to as Captain, but Major Don West was captain of Jupiter 2 in Lost in Space! as a side note, my Mom dated him in college. True story...LOL!

No votes for Chris Pine? That's surprising to me. Maybe we're trending old in here. There's a demographic where Chris Pine is the only captain they know.

5 hours ago, Jeff Annison said:

No votes for Chris Pine? That's surprising to me. Maybe we're trending old in here. There's a demographic where Chris Pine is the only captain they know.

I love Chris Pine and his representation of Kirk but my one true love is Patrick Stewart. 💖

William Shatner's Kirk created the mold for what a Star Fleet Captain was.  Patrick Stewart's Picard broke that mold and created the definitive Star Fleet Captain.  Scott Bakula's Archer was a more raw, pre-mold Captain.  And Chris Pine's Kirk is a beautiful re-imagining of the Captain mold with a bit of a pre-mold, free-hand swagger thrown in.  To me, Sisko and janeway, are based on the Picard model of Star Fleet Captain.

Edited by Shawn Ray Lopez

4 hours ago, Michael Woodard said:

Wasn't Sisko a Commander?

He was promoted to Captain during the DS9 series but he did start out as a Commander.

On 11/20/2016 at 9:24 AM, Shawn Ray Lopez said:

William Shatner's Kirk created the mold for what a Star Fleet Captain was.  Patrick Stewart's Picard broke that mold and created the definitive Star Fleet Captain.  Scott Bakula's Archer was a more raw, pre-mold Captain.  And Chris Pine's Kirk is a beautiful re-imagining of the Captain mold with a bit of a pre-mold, free-hand swagger thrown in.  To me, Sisko and janeway, are based on the Picard model of Star Fleet Captain.

Wow, that's the best description of the captains I've ever seen. :)