Jeff Annison

Stargate Movie Poll

New Stargate Movie Poll   62 members have voted

  1. 1. What are your feelings about the upcoming Stargate reboot?

    • CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
      17
    • Excited--hoping for the best
      22
    • I'm open minded--need to see how it turns out
      18
    • I'm skeptical--afraid it's going to suck
      4
    • Not interested at all.
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

I absolutely love Stargate and EVERY one of its TV series. EVERY one. SG-1 was quite rightly the best. Every time a Season Box Set was released I would be the first to pre-order so I could watch again. I know this is a very marmite topic, but Stargate Universe I was absolutely enjoying it - and was gutted when they cancelled it. The premise and hook was open to so many different but much bigger picture themes and I wish they could have run with it a bit longer.

ANY remake I would watch - even with negative reviews. I almost created a mobile app "game" for it I love the show THAT much lol. I don't think MGM would have given me the license tho HA!

Reboot vs Continuation - for the reasons stated above I would love to bring back Robert Carlyle and proceed on that story path - but I guess for the reasons it was cancelled that wont happen. A Reboot in my mind wouldn't necessarily be welcomed - simply because *I* the fact that there are thousands of star gates LENDS itself to a multi series/season TV show to explore many worlds over a period of time - even a trilogy of movies would be exploring just ONE event.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xhawkini said:

Reboot vs Continuation - for the reasons stated above I would love to bring back Robert Carlyle and proceed on that story path - but I guess for the reasons it was cancelled that wont happen. A Reboot in my mind wouldn't necessarily be welcomed - simply because *I* the fact that there are thousands of star gates LENDS itself to a multi series/season TV show to explore many worlds over a period of time - even a trilogy of movies would be exploring just ONE event.

While I agree with about 98% what you said... I do not think 3 movies would just be ONE event, look at what ALIENS and FAST &  FURIOUS franchises have done that are not centered around just one event! Every story has many short and long arc to explore! While I think TV show would do better, I would like to see more Stargate from the creators if they open minded to at least give some nods to the series in few small areas!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen, I think if we did Stargate right, the fans would like it and we could do something really good. But if we screw it up, they’ll reject it. As they should. But I kind of don’t want to do it if I think that we’ll screw it up, and that’s one of the things that’s holding us back. 

Devlin

 

48 minutes ago, Ryan Heath Nixon said:

Well I am not sure whats going on... I just was sent this by a friend...

http://stargatelegacy.com/stargate-reboot-not-happening/

I read this article and I think this is exactly why Legion M needs to approach him and Take over on this project. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should know more next week! I will see what I can talk about!

MGM (Spyglass) someone still controls it and its not Roland or Devlin per say...

I personally  think they need to do a 4th show and wrap up the past and move on!

David Blue has lost ton weight and be perfect to tell story Destiny came home, they all lived, but most left the SGC after the ordeal...

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7xoV/dairy-queen-chicken-strip-basket-big

O'Neill could still show up now and then or have him retire to the cabin, Amanda and other could still show up now... Mitchell could be a one star by now at the SGC we could have a whole new team and maybe even have moved the gate to Area 51 or something even better! So much could be done with good cast, writing and done well! If they are not doing a movie this is the time to pick up the pieces and do even more with a  new SG-1!

Edited by Ryan Heath Nixon
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ryan Heath Nixon said:

I should know more next week! I will see what I can talk about!

MGM (Spyglass) someone still controls it and its not Roland or Devlin per say...

I personally  think they need to do a 4th show and wrap up the past and move on!

David Blue has lost ton weight and be perfect to tell story Destiny came home, they all lived, but most left the SGC after the ordeal...

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7xoV/dairy-queen-chicken-strip-basket-big

O'Neill could still show up now and then or have him retire to the cabin, Amanda and other could still show up now... Mitchell could be a one star by now at the SGC we could have a whole new team and maybe even have moved the gate to Area 51 or something even better! So much could be done with good cast, writing and done well! If they are not doing a movie this is the time to pick up the pieces and do even more with a  new SG-1!

I agree with you. I wish they would do another show to wrap them all up! I follow David Blue and saw his weight loss. It could fit it perfectly with being on the Destiny until he wakes everyone.  There is so much that can be done with all of them! *sigh*..  I am bummed to see the news today...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MeriJewel said:

I agree with you. I wish they would do another show to wrap them all up! I follow David Blue and saw his weight loss. It could fit it perfectly with being on the Destiny until he wakes everyone.  There is so much that can be done with all of them! *sigh*..  I am bummed to see the news today...

Meri,

Can you send me email, id like to bounce some ideas off you before I have this phone call next week! Do you have some time to talk in the next few days?

You can use my contact tab on  my site! http://www.stitchsloft.com/contact/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now