Jeff Annison

Welcome to the Stargate Workgroup!

100 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2016 at 9:54 PM, Ryan Heath Nixon said:

Phone call was pushed till the 5th Jan will report back then!

Hope you guys can revive it.

Quick update: Not much official to report yet, but this is effort is very much alive and we are still exploring. It appears the movies are backburnered (I don't know anything there that the rest of the world doesn't already know), but there may be some interesting opportunities for us to work with MGM on some fan related activities.

Of course our ultimate goal is to be part of bringing SG back--whether it be in film, TV, web-series, or whatever. Even a board game or comic book could be interesting. Will be interesting to see how everything develops. I'll be sure to report back here when we've got more info.

Buffy and Firefly are both in comics. So is Army of Darkness. I think Buffy's runs are referred to as seasons, so that's always an option!

I know I've seen several comic titles before. I feel like every iteration of Stargate has had a comic series based on it. 

Thank you @Jeff Annison for the update.  Oh how I love reading the words that our goal is to be a part of bringing back Stargate.  Keeps the hope alive. 

On 1/5/2017 at 10:01 PM, Jeff Annison said:

Quick update: Not much official to report yet, but this is effort is very much alive and we are still exploring. It appears the movies are backburnered (I don't know anything there that the rest of the world doesn't already know), but there may be some interesting opportunities for us to work with MGM on some fan related activities.

Of course our ultimate goal is to be part of bringing SG back--whether it be in film, TV, web-series, or whatever. Even a board game or comic book could be interesting. Will be interesting to see how everything develops. I'll be sure to report back here when we've got more info.

Phone call is supposed to be tomorrow... sorry for the delays!

On 1/6/2017 at 0:09 AM, Jonathan McMahon said:

I know I've seen several comic titles before. I feel like every iteration of Stargate has had a comic series based on it. 

Jonathan,

I am loving this new SGA Comic... Hope you have checked it out... One artist just posted on his FB page couple days ago...

https://www.facebook.com/DarthSWAT "I just discovered by accident that Stargate Atlantis: Gateways #1 ranked in the top 50 Small Press Publishers (we came in at number 42) for the month of Nov for total sales through Diamond Distributors "

The first 4 comics are out, every THREE = one Episode!

#2 of the second series is out Feb 1st! https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP161259

You can get them often on eBay too! or Direct from American Mythology site https://www.americanmythology.net/ Its not the most user friendly for shopping I went to eBay!

On 1/5/2017 at 7:01 PM, Jeff Annison said:

Boardgame, I would love an SG boardgame. I have a semi functioning Stargate from Lightspeed, push a button and the chevrons light up, but no Whoosh and no other planets on the other side. But it would be so fun to have a game with a Gate in the middle and maybe a spinning portion on one side that changes what land you arrive in, giving you variations on your adventures across the board.

OK, deep breath now, will stop geeking out over this for the time being.

Phone call with MGM Consultant today for over an hour! Very positive things down the road for MGM and Stargate and Legion M. Think things are moving in the right direction... more to come guys the adventure is not over! Stay on the forums and stay tuned for more news!

Edited by Ryan Heath Nixon

35 minutes ago, Ryan Heath Nixon said:

Who all is going to SDCC... =)

I am! See you there! XD

On 7/11/2017 at 8:18 PM, Ryan Heath Nixon said:

So the word is out on the Costume Party and the tickets sold out in TEN mins WOW!

I'm sooo happy and excited about this! Can't wait until next week! 

25 minutes ago, Khrystiana said:

I'm so excited! I just hope it's done right so I don't end up crying into my wine glass. 

Hi Khrystiana! Be sure to check out the other Stargate sub forums about Stargate Command and the new show, Stargate Origins!

Just read through a good portion of this. I am very interested in helping anyway I can. This is awesome.

On 9/8/2017 at 6:27 PM, MeriJewel said:

Hi Khrystiana! Be sure to check out the other Stargate sub forums about Stargate Command and the new show, Stargate Origins!

Will do! I did get a membership to the page over there. :)