Jeff Annison

Welcome to the Stargate Workgroup!

100 posts in this topic

Legion M has an interesting potential opportunity brewing (the operative word is POTENTIAL so please don't get too excited just yet) with this property. To prepare and give ourselves the best shot at making something happen, we wanted to gather the members of the Legion who are fans of the movies/shows and ask some questions. We also thought it might be a fun chance to create a small focused community within the broader Legion M community.

I have seen every single Stargate episode, in every type of Stargate.  It's an amazing story with so much potential that it is sad that it's missing from TV right now.

I love the film but I haven't seen the tv shows, but if you want any help on British tastes and perspectives I'm your gal. :D

Please count me in! I've seen the movie and every single episode of all three TV series. LOVE them!

I'm going to start rewatching them this weekend! You have me super excited I could scream! Hahaha xD

13 minutes ago, MeriJewel said:

Please count me in! I've seen the movie and every single episode of all three TV series. LOVE them!

I'm going to start rewatching them this weekend! You have me super excited I could scream! Hahaha xD

Meri,

Do you costume? Have you ever checked out my website?

http://www.stitchsloft.com/

I love to connecting to long time fans! Loved your story! Its amazing how Stargate has touched so many lives and yet so many have never seen it, it just never seem to break through that glass ceiling and hot the Star Trek or Star Wars level and I never could understand it... Firefly had such a huge fan base too but examples of how NOT to do things as FOX made huge mistake with that!

I'm not really a fan of this property, but as an investor, I'm more interested in what Legion M will get out of any involvement in this. If this requires any kind of financial commitment on the Legion M side I would have a few questions. 

Loved the movie, the tv series and its spinoffs (except Universe, that sucked). 

I got into Stargate from the movie and when Showtime went into production with the TV series I was so excited. I remember watching the pilot and being shocked there was a nude scene. (The only one in the history of the show). I loved when it moved over to Sci-Fi. It had a great run.

20 minutes ago, Jonathan McMahon said:

I'm not really a fan of this property, but as an investor, I'm more interested in what Legion M will get out of any involvement in this. If this requires any kind of financial commitment on the Legion M side I would have a few questions. 

Right now its just an idea... If anything we might get chance to help with ideas or marketing if the studio or MGM would like to listen, it be a chance to show was we are capable of doing to pave way to more projects!

Saw the movie, likely all the series and movies afterward. Good sci-fi and based on theoretical probabilities which is good for that whole suspension of disbelief thing.  The issue is what is their prime directive now and who are the bad guys, how is it impossible to beat them and how do they get beaten anyway? Or do you delve into the psycho-social, revealing more about individual feelings toward whatever their prime directive now is?  Do you create intricately woven storylines to intrigue throughout a season, or do you wrap them mostly an episode at a time? How does it end or not end? You have to drive toward something, so toward what? Why? I was lucky enough once to ask Jon Voight what advice he'd give a wannabe screenwriter. Tall man, not many I have to look up to see eye to eye, but he qualified. He contemplatively placed his hand on the chin of his bowed head as he pondered for a few seconds, then he took the hand that was on his chin and placed it on my shoulder, straightened up, and in a fatherly fashion asked me if I had anything to say.  I told him that had never been a problem for me. He said that I'd do fine. All films are reflections of something that someone wanted to say. Find a voice for this and the words will come...

7 minutes ago, Ryan Heath Nixon said:

Right now its just an idea... If anything we might get chance to help with ideas or marketing if the studio or MGM would like to listen, it be a chance to show was we are capable of doing to pave way to more projects!

Right. I remember when this new film series was announced in May of 2014. Since then nothing has happened with it and Emmerich released a sequel to Independence Day that was considered a critical failure. I also remember that the synopsis of this new trilogy of films was going to ignore the shows and other films, which a lot of the fans seemed to resent. I am just saying that we should tread lightly here. 

Edited by Jonathan McMahon

5 minutes ago, Jonathan McMahon said:

Right. I remember when this new series was announced in May of 2014. Since then nothing has happened with it and Emmerich released a sequel to Independence Day that was considered a critical failure. I also remember that the synopsis of this new trilogy of films was going to ignore the shows and other films, which a lot of the fans seemed to resent. I am just saying that we should tread lightly here. 

Well I think the idea is maybe MGM sees that and does not want one their Pride and Joys other than 007 to endure that! I think we as fans can help steer them clear of some the huge potential pitfalls. I need one hour to explain to the movie execs what needs to happen no matter what the script says. Ghostbusters is a huge example if they had been smart they not done re-boot and did a new generation of passing the torch it was not that it was 4 women it was the fan base wanted to see the old and new together! Making your heroes nut jobs or cab drivers for comedic relief is not the answer. I could fixed that script in a week! And it would be accepted by the fan base WAY more then the Chinese take out we were given!

Edited by Ryan Heath Nixon

3 minutes ago, Ryan Heath Nixon said:

Well I think the idea is maybe MGM sees that and does not want one their Pride and Joys other than 007 to endure that! I think we as fans can help steer them clear of some the hug potential pitfalls. I need one hour to explain to the Execs what needs to happen no matter what the script says. Ghostbusters is a huge example if they had been smart they not done re-boot and did a new generation of passing the torch it was not that it was 4 women it was the fan base wanted to see the old and new together! Making your heroes nut jobs or cab drivers for comedic relief is not the answer. I could fixed that script in a week! And it would be accepted by the fan base WAY more then the Chinese take out we were given!

I'm guessing we wouldn't actually be involved in the creative side of things. I suspect they are looking to us for support as possible investors or distribution partners.

I loved this and the original SG! I'm excited and very happy to hear that this may have real potential!  Can't wait to hear more! 👌👍🎉💃🏼🌌🌠

As a former AF officer who grew up on sci-fi, YES!!!!  I want to be on a SG team!

Seen them all, even short-lived Universe.  I still joke with my co-workers in Colorado from time to time that I need to go TDY to the gate... 
What an amazing series...

I was trying to get my wife into them and noticed in the beginning episode when they are transferring the goa'uld, I have one of those thermos containers.  Must have been a subconscious buy!  :-)

I do not want them to abandon the canon of the tv shows.  Everything works together so well.  If they are looking for our support- we should make it a condition there's at least some baton passing.  No squashing one of the best shows ever!

Edited by Christopher Greenstein
Additional thought