Sarah Spoon-Waffle

Share Your Creation!

126 posts in this topic

(FYI  Chrome isn't working on the forum, I had to use firefox)

I'm a comedic writer, and I have the first two of a Lovecraftian comedy series out called The NecroNomNomNomicon.  Book one (The Cookbook of the Dead) and book 2 ( A Recipe for Disaster) are published, and have both been read and reviewed by Piers Anthony (I geeked out for a solid week after he wrote me)

The Cookbook of the Dead https://goo.gl/NyJgWh

and

A recipe for disaster https://goo.gl/ObDrzW

I also have a blog where I post short stories (I'm collecting them into an anthology called Horror'deurves: Tasty Treats From the Cookbook of the Dead )

https://profporkchop.wordpress.com/

please, read my blog for the short stories, and let me know what you think.

I also am the co-owner of Indubitably Press, a indy pub house out of the Pacific Northwest

www.indubitablypress.com

Here's where I make my pitch:

My IP is long, well established, and has a fanbase (albeit small at the moment). Most importantly, my books are a FUN read with fast pacing and excellent characterization and dialog. The series will end at book 4, but here's where it gets cool. My brother Travis (also published) has an equally fun series (think were-weinerdogs) and will go about 4-5 books. What our individual fanbases don't know yet, is that our books are in a shared world, and that our protagonists have met briefly in each of our series (when they read the other series, they're going to go "I know that character!"). Both series ramp up from wide-eyed, innocent discovery, to full on action, and at the end of the series, a  war against Lovecraftian forces for the fate of the entire world in which both sets of heroes participate in the saving of it.

It will make an amazing set of films, possibly TV shows, definitely Video Games, I have detailed plans for an augmented reality project, and several other things I'm keeping under my hat.

logo.png

My Global Sci-Fi Web series at Seed and Spark/Goldfromthesky.

www.goldfromthesky.com

Help us make a better world for you. We have more uncommon than differences.

Learn how to become a part of out team .9 days left.

Copy of Business Back1.jpg

Copy of Business card Front.jpg

Okay folks, I cannot take credit for this YouTube channel. However, I can tell you that the company that does own the channel is owned by two Legion M investors. I met them in Austin last year when I was at Austin Public. Great guys. Please drop by their page, take a look, and if you like what you see, subscribe! Ballistic Blade Entertainment

Edited by Nikki Ackerman

Took me a lot longer to finish than I originally thought it would, but my daughter convinced me to finish my first YA Sci-Fi story (and then get over my hesitancy and actually put it on Amazon).

Working on #2 now (when i can stop myself going back and trying to tweak bits of #1!)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C17OX9I

I'm a novelist, but I think like a film maker. My debut novel Timberwolf was originally conceived as a movie.  

Some want peace, some want war… he just wants the damned spider out of his head!

Timberwolf is a damaged super-soldier is all that stands between the most powerful weapons imaginable falling in to the hands of a madman on a crusade to light the galaxy aflame.

It's been described as extremely cinematic and my readers keep surprising me with interesting comments. 

"Timberwolf is what you get if Ellen Ripley and Dirty Harry had a son" >>>  "Like Aliens meets Apocalypse Now ...with a touch of the Wizard of Oz" >>> "Action packed, but also a fully fleshed out universe you can feel on every page. Like if Dune had been directed by Michael Bay." >>> "A fun ride in line of Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5. I really cannot wait for this to turn into a TV show." >>> "Like a giant video game. I want to step in this universe."

I've got a ton of great reviews on Amazon on my product page.  Avg. 4.8 (none are my mom)

To get a sense of the writing, listen to a sample-chapter like an audio book. The actor is Troy Horne, who starred in Rent. He did an amazing job!

Listen sample chapter to "The Descent" on YouTube

I have several prequel novellas ready to go and am looking to expand this universe further. I wrote the book with an eye towards telling may stories in the "Timberverse."

I want to talk to the Legion M community about films, web series, comics, TV programming, video games, holograms, etc.

Can't wait to hear your great ideas!

Tom Julian

timber_cover.jpg

Edited by Tom Julian
weird formatting

I am a storyboard artist and I work in animation mostly. 

Still under NDA for most of my boards, but here are some other arts 

girl_beast.jpg

mushroombug-e1491671577363.jpg

I'm an artist. I do all kinds of art and occasional fan art, mostly of Doctor Who, which become stickers, t-shirts and other things. That's on my RedBubble page.

sticker,220x200-bg,ffffff-pad,220x200,ff

I also have a Patreon page if you've ever considered "adopting" an artist. Right now I'm doing a series of 5 New Mexico watercolor landscape. I've got 2 to go. The next series will probably be an urban subject to change pace.
My other BIG project is an online adventure art games for kids, where they create art work while progressing through an adventure. They earn badges and level up as they go.
See all this HERE.

IMG_8695B.jpg 

Here are a couple of this I have been involved in 

1: Nobility  A pilot/ spec we did for under 70k. I was consulting on it. It is not perfect (It is a Pilot/Proof of concept) but fun with some great actors and crew. It is split into 3 parts but should be seen as a whole. They are trying to adjust that now. 

2: Unsaid a powerful short I EP and acted in about Loss of a loved one and the emotions and struggles we go through. 

3: Junkie I was an Ep and is in the finishing stages and 5th Passenger also in the finishing stages again with well known and wonderful actors and crew

4: My latest work is a book I just released called Solar Reboot a Dystopian Action/Adventure

This is not mine, but my daughter's! She's also an investor, but not on the forums. She created this in an hour for the Sewing Circle at church. Her first paid gig as a graphic designer. She sketched it by hand, scanned it, and uploaded it to Pixler (? It's a website that she can use for free that they use in her graphic design class.) for the colors. They just worked on other logos as a class project. :)

Sewing Circle Logo.jpg

hi  y’all i could use some help... this is my first attempt at video editing and it's for a double cause:  this was the weekend we lost my mom so it helped in coming to terms with the loss.  this is also a little travelogue of my 200-mile relay race across Big Island Hawaii. I'm hoping to get at least 155 votes so I'd appreciate if you took a minute to vote and share.

thanks so much! 

http://woobox.com/8dt232/gallery/vQRrnL5HWpQ

On 11/26/2017 at 8:10 PM, Pamela Nash said:

hi  y’all i could use some help... this is my first attempt at video editing and it's for a double cause:  this was the weekend we lost my mom so it helped in coming to terms with the loss.  this is also a little travelogue of my 200-mile relay race across Big Island Hawaii. I'm hoping to get at least 155 votes so I'd appreciate if you took a minute to vote and share.

thanks so much! 

http://woobox.com/8dt232/gallery/vQRrnL5HWpQ

So sorry to hear of your loss! :( And good job on the editing!

I am so blown away and impressed with the variety of talent posted here.   This is genius!   

Here are a few of my creations:

I am a digital artist.  I mostly do portraits, but I also am a freelance web designer and am often designing components and logos for that.  I draw in my spare time and have since I was 4.

rubqlh.jpg

15ix79.jpg

xfw2sp.jpg

Every year for Christmas, my family makes a gingerbread house that we decorate anywhere from a few days before Christmas to Christmas Eve.  The following two images are of our 2012 themed gingerbread house.  That year was the one where the Mayans calendar ended and all those crazy end of the world predictions and movie.  So we did our own alien invasion theme.  We called it the “Redneck Cabin Invasion”.  

258a60w.jpg

2ibnwps.jpg

And the last creation I will share is my crazy talent of making super fine crocheted lace by hand.  (I use sewing thread)  I made this piece with metallic thread and it took me nine months to do.  Most of it I could barely hold the needle because I have an incurable auto-immune disease that attacked the nerves in my arms and legs causing my muscles to atrophy.   I lost feeling and the ability to use my hands and legs for a month and when the feeling returned, it took another six months to regain my grip, and a year to be able to walk without support again.   I went through a lot of painful rehabilitation and used crochet to get my grip back as well as pass the LONG boring hours of being a bedhound.  I figured it was better than squeezing a ball of putty (which I hated because I barely made a dent in it for months),  and I could make something beautiful out of it.  I also like that this is now hanging framed on my wall as a reminder of what can be accomplished with determination in a time frame that can defy the odds and everyone’s expectations—even my own.  The finished work is 26 x 16 inches.2i058b4.jpg

ny7olg.jpg

Edited by A.M. Welland

Greetings all. Please enjoy my new story, published today by DefiantScribe.

Here’s what the editors say about it:

“… an almost criminally charming story about the hope of a better romance, a better tomorrow, and the simple pleasures of connecting with another person. In an age dominated by cell phones, social media, and various methods of online communication, 'Romance, Shromance' feels like a throwback in the best of ways, reminding us that taking a moment to chat with a stranger can be fulfilling in its own right, and the nostalgia of this simplicity makes the piece all the more enjoyable.”

Romance, Shromance