Sarah Spoon-Waffle

Share Your Creation!

126 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2016 at 5:36 PM, Pete Yagmin said:

Cakes! I'm gonna bring it back around to cakes! Here's a couple of cakes I made for my older sons birthday.

I only found 2 of the more creative cakes I've made for the kids.. I'll keep looking for the ones that look like giant lego bricks and share those too!

pac-cake.png

pac-cake-2.png

android-cake.png

Better late than never - I found a photo of the LEGO cake!

IMG_20120218_153716.jpg

A sample of my writing. I'm currently writing a novel entitled Black Powder, White Magic. This is from what will be its sequel, Feast of Fools.

There is a place in Faerie where the party never stops. It goes by the name of Carnivale, and is a strange and surreal place where the Faerie Folk celebrate without knowing exactly why.
It is a city of dreams and illusions where madness reigns and everyone must wear a mask, be it fashioned from porcelain, jade, wood, or metal--or cunningly crafted from the dreams, delusions, and nightmares of others.
A place where time and space bend back upon themselves and where it is always two minutes to midnight before Ash Wednesday. A place where half-forgotten gods and creatures from your childhood nightmares roam the twisted and crowded streets, and where the Queen of Dust and Shadows imprisons mortals within a maze of mirrors so that she can make their most secret fantasies come true--or trap them forever in their worst nightmares so that she might sample the bittersweet joys of everlasting bliss or taste the sweetness of their eternal suffering.
Welcome to Carnivale.

10 hours ago, Kurt Miller said:

A sample of my writing. I'm currently writing a novel entitled Black Powder, White Magic. This is from what will be its sequel, Feast of Fools.

There is a place in Faerie where the party never stops. It goes by the name of Carnivale, and is a strange and surreal place where the Faerie Folk celebrate without knowing exactly why.
It is a city of dreams and illusions where madness reigns and everyone must wear a mask, be it fashioned from porcelain, jade, wood, or metal--or cunningly crafted from the dreams, delusions, and nightmares of others.
A place where time and space bend back upon themselves and where it is always two minutes to midnight before Ash Wednesday. A place where half-forgotten gods and creatures from your childhood nightmares roam the twisted and crowded streets, and where the Queen of Dust and Shadows imprisons mortals within a maze of mirrors so that she can make their most secret fantasies come true--or trap them forever in their worst nightmares so that she might sample the bittersweet joys of everlasting bliss or taste the sweetness of their eternal suffering.
Welcome to Carnivale.

Sounds really interesting! Would this be the opening/intro to the novel?

My no budget production of the midpoint of an philosophical action sci-fi I am writting:  "MEETING GOD"

Four astronauts who volunteered for a one way mission exploring deep space, discover truths about existance, science, and themselves after leaving the universe.

Edited by Greg Best

Just wanted to share with Legion M members! A very special offer for upcoming Valentine's for the ladies!
If interested how to order:  626.975.0397 or email redcapecinemainc@yahoo.com (w/ 'Portrait' in subject line)
(Offer good til end of Feb. 2017) Thank you & Continued Greatness Everyone!

VDAY OFFER.png

Arlene w/ her 11 x 17 portrait of herself.  (frame not included, only the 3 prints)

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 6.01.18 PM.png

On 1/22/2017 at 6:56 AM, Jeremy Gamble said:

My chess board and pieces made from stained glass.

Holy cow, that's neat! How long did that take to make?

Just now, Michelle P. Carter said:

Holy cow, that's neat! How long did that take to make?

Well, it was a 16 week stained glass class from college.  So, it took about 14 of the weeks.  But that was an hour a day.  I figured it out once, it would take me about 2 weeks to make another one like it.

Though, my next board will be slightly smaller and have slightly smaller pieces.  this thing is a monster, weighs about 25lbs, is 2 foot by 2 foot and the tallest piece (( the Queen)) stands about 8 inches high.

So, my goal for the next board I do is going to be 1.5in squares instead of 2 in squares, and make my pawns a bit smaller, and all the pieces will be a bit thinner and shorter.

1 minute ago, Michelle P. Carter said:

Oh that's funny, I couldn't tell the scale of it from the photo and I expected it to be very small!

Yeah, I should take a good picture of it with something large in it to give dimensions better.  However, to toot my own horn here.. it is EXACTLY 2ft by 2ft .. my pieces actually fit together perfectly.

I would have posted this sooner, by my bird seems to want to press my buttons and take my keys off my keyboard.

Just now, Jeremy Gamble said:

I would have posted this sooner, by my bird seems to want to press my buttons and take my keys off my keyboard.

Figuratively and literally? xD 

Just now, Michelle P. Carter said:

Figuratively and literally? xD 

Yes, she is good for that...

pressing 4 and 1 while I'm trying to type isn't helpful, then taking my button off and throwing it on the floor is a bit annoying.

This is my problem birdy

0123171625a-1.jpg

I am writer and creator of the IDW comic series Star Mage.

StarMage_TPB_Cover-674x1024.png

I am also a film maker, our first was directing the short Doctor Geek's Moment in Science.

And our current project is Seekers of the Lost Worlds! We're currently in Post and will be crowdfunding in a couple weeks on Seed & Spark for finishing funds.

I am the co-writer, co-director and producer of the film.

FBHeader_2.png

Liz walked carefully from the clothing store to the food court. She looked around quickly and didn’t see Eloise anywhere. It was a large room, though. She couldn’t remember if she was supposed to buy coffee for the two of them or if Eloise was or was she supposed to just get coffee for herself.

So many questions she hadn’t thought of asking. She shuffled over to a table that wasn’t somewhat in the corner of the food court and not near any of the occupied seats. As soon as she sat down, Eloise set the two coffees down on the table and Liz, shrieking in surprise, fell backward onto the floor.

Eloise, “I guess I scared you. But I had said ‘hello’ almost twice.”

Liz, “I’m deaf. Well, not completely, but I have trouble hearing sounds that aren’t coming from directly in front of me.”

Eloise, “So if you’re looking at it, you can hear it?”

Not 'my' creation but rather a creation I was part of.... 

I present.. that time I got to play a Christmas Caroler in the very NSFW comedy-horror "Scary Little Fuckers"

Prepare for a data dump.

I wanted to be a filmmaker but as a woman I knew I didn't have any chance. This was before Penny Marshall began directing. So I received a degree in Instructional Design and created training films for the military. Here are some of my leading actors:

aircraft.thumb.jpg.013833db068c0f2d9a5a0c426e96f55f.jpg

Almost 20 years later I decided to start my own business. However, after the Tech Bust in 2002 my younger son was diagnosed as high-functioning autistic so I traded my consulting hat for a therapy-mom hat. During that time, I found the Star Wars fans and started doing a lot of volunteering with several groups. One of best things we did was create a video "trailer" for a Make-A-Wish wish. I coordinated everyone/everything and even Lucasfilm offered to help when they heard about it. Here is a link to the video (yes I know the quality sucks; it was 2005 when it was uploaded):

During that time I also got into costuming. I don't do cosplay, I costume; there is a difference.

starwarscostuming.thumb.jpg.94001339a580b4c9bd16b4abcb3183f2.jpgkid_costumes.thumb.jpg.8b33c507b253bfabc2399fed42eed308.jpg

gaming.thumb.jpg.db50c92604345a579dfdd26526304214.jpgSW_Stuff.thumb.jpg.0ee9dee938ad41d8af392ce60ef380e3.jpg

Now that I'm back working full time, I don't have time to sew anymore. But it was good to have something I could do for myself rather than be obsessed with my special needs kid. Those parents aren't doing their children any favors by making the world conform to THEIR needs.

After separating from my ex in 2011, I fulfilled a lifelong dream of becoming a published author. It's self-published because I knew the "Big 5" would not understand the niche genre my books fall under (Paranormal Mystery - although there are more now than there were when I first published). The first title came out in 2012; the second one is ready but not having any money to publish keeps it in limbo. I tried both GoFundMe and KickStarter but no one is really interested in supporting books.

WhaleyBook.thumb.jpg.fab94cb922ed139678cbc075f17c6030.jpg

It's available on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble. You can also order a hard copy through your local bookstore.

Here is something few years ago for my daughter

Sleep little princess of mine,

and fly high into the sky.

Where you can touch the moon and the stars.

Dream all you want

and fly through the clouds

until your reach your dreamland.

Where everything is fun and happy

and your dreams become reality.

Daddy will always watch you over

to keep that beautiful smile

that fills daddy with joy and pride.

Sleep little angel of mine,

daddy will take care of your dreams

with a little good night kiss.