Karen C

Introductions

337 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I'm Kirty, and I'm from Vermont, USA (hoping there are other VT members out there besides my husband and me!). I'm a dancer, actor, stage combatant, and costumer who owns and produces my own monthly variety show. Glad to have been able to get in on the ground floor of this awesome company and can't wait to see where it goes! Nice to meet you all (I loved reading all your posts)!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum Kirty, and would I be correct in saying that you're a fellow trekkie. LLAP

Welcome to the forum Shannon, I hope you enjoy visiting and posting.

9 minutes ago, Shannon VanDyke said:

Hey, everyone!

I'm Shannon from Portland, OR.  Happy to be here and excited to be a part of Legion M!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zandra Bill said:

Welcome to the forum Kirty, and would I be correct in saying that you're a fellow trekkie. LLAP

Thanks and yes indeed! :) I might cause a riot by saying this, but I love Star Trek and Star Wars both equally and without regret ;-) LLAP to you as well!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kirty vL said:

Thanks and yes indeed! :) I might cause a riot by saying this, but I love Star Trek and Star Wars both equally and without regret ;-) LLAP to you as well!

Thankfully another like minded soul even though trek is still my ultra favourite as it was my first love I do love wars!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kirty vL said:

Hello all!

I'm Kirty, and I'm from Vermont, USA (hoping there are other VT members out there besides my husband and me!). I'm a dancer, actor, stage combatant, and costumer who owns and produces my own monthly variety show. Glad to have been able to get in on the ground floor of this awesome company and can't wait to see where it goes! Nice to meet you all (I loved reading all your posts)!

HEY @Kirty vL  Welcome to the Forums ...  So glad to have you here .... If you have any questions Feel free to ask anyone who carries the Green Ambassador Tag under their names.  Hope to hear more from you on the Forums ... Cya around.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shao Lopez said:

HEY @Kirty vL  Welcome to the Forums ...  So glad to have you here .... If you have any questions Feel free to ask anyone who carries the Green Ambassador Tag under their names.  Hope to hear more from you on the Forums ... Cya around.

Thanks Shao! :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there!  I'm Kat from Studio City, CA.  I work at a major studio in Los Angeles, (but not in the fun part of the studio).  I am so excited about this project and am looking forward to seeing us expand and grow.  What a wonderful opportunity for fans to get involved!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kat Cole said:

Hey there!  I'm Kat from Studio City, CA.  I work at a major studio in Los Angeles, (but not in the fun part of the studio).  I am so excited about this project and am looking forward to seeing us expand and grow.  What a wonderful opportunity for fans to get involved!

Welcome Kat I hope you have fun here, but I'm intrigued to know what is the non-fun part of a studio.  It's bound to be all fun in the sunshine there. 🔆

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm Laurie Caebe.  I've got two kids, two dogs and two jobs. One is working with adults with special needs and the other is to piece all the entertainment and technology parts of me together into a successful Hollywood professional. Lucky for me, Legion M came along at the perfect time. :IamLM:

I have learned that I may be a nerd in nerdom....if that can be a thing, altho I have loved the Dr. Who episodes I've seen scattered across my life, so  it will be a joy to work on that, and I've been a fair weather fan of the Star Trek and Star Wars series...I love them and leave them for the next big thing. So, with that background, some cliff's notes should bring me up to speed. ;)   I also love animation. Disney, Pixar, Nickelodeon, Stoopid Buddy Studios, etc. In fact I've been building up my super geek powers on Stoopid Buddy's  Super Mansion over the summer, and I'm kind of ready to do round two of Game of Thrones, in training for the upcoming season. BTW I gave David Benioff a ride in my car as an Uber driver in Los Angeles last summer. :omg:Miley Cyrus too. :o

Primarily my brass ring job would be to write for a TV or web series, yk, be a showrunner for my own series, or staff for somebody else's. I like the long game of tying it all together. I've written a pilot with synopsis of 13 episodes as well as a series arc for about  5 season's, which was the so cool to complete. I'm going to take a look at it soon before I bring back out. :) Although, I can say that  having a feature is right up there with that, and I'm just about to start a rom-com that I'm passionate about and want to complete for my bucket list. 

I'm a huge fan of the Legion M concept, and I look forward to getting to know everybody and being involved. 

To a beautiful journey. Cheers!

 

 

 

Edited by Laurie Caebe
Edit.
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shannon VanDyke said:

Hey, everyone!

I'm Shannon from Portland, OR.  Happy to be here and excited to be a part of Legion M!

Yay!  Another person from the Portland area!  I'm hoping to get a local meetup going after the election!

 

 

Welcome everyone!  It's so good to have you all here and I can't wait to get to know you all better!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Michael Vischi said:

Hey y'all, I'm Michael from Lexington, KY. I'm an Audio Visual Engineer working for University of Kentucky HealthCare. My background with the entertainment industry mostly revolves around military related events... and now Health Care related events :)  I think the opportunity Legion M represents is a blessing, and I'm certainly glad to be along for the ride. Hoo-rah!

Welcome @Michael Vischi !

10 hours ago, Anthony Andrade said:

Hello All,

Anthony here! I am based out of Anaheim, CA and work for iHeartMedia in their IT department. I have a background in Medieval Literature (MA) and Marketing (MBA), and one of my hopes is to see more LGBTQ characters in our movies!

Welcome @Anthony Andrade! Glad to have you hear! I work in IT too!

9 hours ago, Joshua Nicholson said:

Wahoo!

I'm Joshua Nicholson, and I currently live in NYC (though, that will be changing when I get married in April). I'm very excited to be part of this crazy experiment and hope to collaborate with many fellow Legionnaires in the future!

In case you want more info about me and what I do, go here:

http://joshuanicholson.com

Hi @Joshua Nicholson! Welcome aboard!

8 hours ago, MAK Price said:

Hi everyone, I'm Myriam from Michigan. Retired and loving it. I play World of Warcraft , read fantasy/fiction, love horror/sci-fi/fantasy movies that have some originality and in general am just an old hippie. I am very stoked to be a part of the Legion M world and can't wait to see all the wonderful developments!

 

Hi @MAK Price! You will find lots of gamers here! :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I'm a filmmaker in San Diego. Currently am a judge for SDUFEX, check out the top underwater films this weekend (Oct 7-8) with a tribute to Bob Cranston. Incidentally we had a film screened with them last year. Have two films in post one is a documentary another a sci-fi. Completed an animation screenplay this year I co-wrote with a 10 time Emmy award winner that we'd love Legion M to produce if they choose to do so. Let us know how you'd like us to share the synopsis and script if you feel you're ready to take on such a project. 😊

I also enjoy singing, art, photography and watching entertaining Indie and mainstream films of various genres. 

Looking forward to seeing the progression of Legion M.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sharon Geyer said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a filmmaker in San Diego. Currently am a judge for SDUFEX, check out the top underwater films this weekend (Oct 7-8) with a tribute to Bob Cranston. Incidentally we had a film screened with them last year. Have two films in post one is a documentary another a sci-fi. Completed an animation screenplay this year I co-wrote with a 10 time Emmy award winner that we'd love Legion M to produce if they choose to do so. Let us know how you'd like us to share the synopsis and script if you feel you're ready to take on such a project. 😊

I also enjoy singing, art, photography and watching entertaining Indie and mainstream films of various genres. 

Looking forward to seeing the progression of Legion M.

Welcome to the forum, I hope that you will enjoy yourself and good luck with your project. 🍀

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Shao Lopez said:

So very excited to get another WoW player on here hehehe ... WELCOME TO THE FORUMS ! !

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here! Look me up! Phaedra/ Siarae - Dalaran. Be happy to add you as friend and help out with any dungeons, etc.

Edited by MAK Price
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woooo Dalaran  My Mother server I haven't played there in a dog's age. .. Have you ever heard of The Aggro King's   it know it would date you on that server .. but It used to be the Largest most advanced Guild on Dalaran back in vanilla and all throught B/C and LK.  but we got to big and things went awry.  But I am sure Aggro Kings is still around thou.  

Back in the day almost everyone on the server at one time or another was in Aggro Kings.. lol it was very funny..

Lemme think of all the other Guilds we had with Aggro

  • Aggro Kings
  • Aggro Twinks
  • Aggro Heals
  • Aggro Horde
  • Aggro Tanks

My character was Streak I was the Palli Hunter...  also the GM of Aggro Kings. 

 

 

Edited by Shao Lopez
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am Jason "J.C." De La Tore!

I am the writer and creator of the IDW comics space and sorcery mini-series, Star Mage and the Executive Vice President of New Media, Film & Television for Brazen Wench Productions, LLC. In addition to the executive role, I also serve as a Producer and screenwriter for many Brazen Wench projects.

I also produced and directed my current project, Seekers of the Lost Worlds, co-written with my wife Rita De La Torre. The film will be release in 2017.

I have had two novels published, Ancient Rising and Rise of the Ancients – Annuna, as well as Nightmares from Eberus – A Speculative Fiction collection. I've also released to e-book the novellas for Continuum Force and the Serial Vampire series.

I am co-host of the Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror podcast Transmissions From Atlantis and is a voice actor for the audio drama Doctor Geek’s Laboratory of Applied Geekdom.

Sorry, not done yet. I'm a columnist/blogger for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers blog site BucsNation.com. In 2016, Creative Loafing nominated me as the Best of the Bay Sportswriter. Previously, I've served as a featured columnist for Bleacher Report on Tampa Bay sports,  an editor and featured columnist for SB Nation Tampa Bay covering the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Lightning and Florida Gators, wrote for NFL.com’s Blog Blitz and contributed to Pewter Report, one of the top magazines on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I have a passionate love for Doctor Who, sports writing, speculative fiction writing, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Alternate Realities, and the Occult. 

My work features action, adventure, horror, Sci-Fi, a bit of the supernatural and essentially something for everyone. As I mentioned, I'm married to my lovely wife, Rita, and our family includes our Yorkshire Terrier, Le Stat, and our two cats Artemis and Marius.

Edited by Jason C. De La Torre
bad link
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jason C. De La Torre said:

I am Jason "J.C." De La Tore!

HI JC ... Dang   You are a busy body ! ! ... WELCOME  TO THE FORUMS  ! ! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am Me. If you want to know me, just ask, I'm a nice guy.

I'm a writer, and computer guy.  I also breed beautiful birds as a hobby.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason C. De La Torre said:

... an editor and featured columnist for SB Nation Tampa Bay covering the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Lightning and Florida Gators...

I would feel remiss if I didn't rub it in about the Vols taking you down.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now