Karen C

Introductions

337 posts in this topic

Hello! :)

I guess you can call me Matt. Friends call me Matt or Matty B.  I work in  IT for a real estate company owned by my family.  So many interests and hobbies, it's hard to list them all, but, I guess I'll list it like I do on Twitter. LOL I'm a Nerd, game collector, streamer (was primarily on Twitch, and I haven't really in a few months, but I'm working on a plan to get back to it with a better gaming PC), craft beer enthusiast, licensed amateur radio operator, Extra Lifer, Whovian, MiSTie, Ghosthead, and then some.

Extra Life is an initiative of Children's Miracle Network, and this is my second year. We host an annual gaming marathon to raise money for our CMN hospitals, In two years I have raised over $2000 for Wolfson Children's Hospital here in Jacksonville.

As a Ghosthead (Ghostbusters fan) I make public appearances with my group at cons and charity functions, yesterday we participated in a pet fair, to raise money for a local church ministry and an animal hospital to help families who have pets and are having a hard time buying food and paying for the vet, because we all know, pet needs get expensive but they're members of the family too.

(and for clarification MiSTie is sometimes what MST3K fans are called)

26 minutes ago, Matthew Blocker said:

Hello! :)

I guess you can call me Matt. Friends call me Matt or Matty B.  I work in  IT for a real estate company owned by my family.  So many interests and hobbies, it's hard to list them all, but, I guess I'll list it like I do on Twitter. LOL I'm a Nerd, game collector, streamer (was primarily on Twitch, and I haven't really in a few months, but I'm working on a plan to get back to it with a better gaming PC), craft beer enthusiast, licensed amateur radio operator, Extra Lifer, Whovian, MiSTie, Ghosthead, and then some.

Extra Life is an initiative of Children's Miracle Network, and this is my second year. We host an annual gaming marathon to raise money for our CMN hospitals, In two years I have raised over $2000 for Wolfson Children's Hospital here in Jacksonville.

As a Ghosthead (Ghostbusters fan) I make public appearances with my group at cons and charity functions, yesterday we participated in a pet fair, to raise money for a local church ministry and an animal hospital to help families who have pets and are having a hard time buying food and paying for the vet, because we all know, pet needs get expensive but they're members of the family too.

(and for clarification MiSTie is sometimes what MST3K fans are called)

Welcome to the forum Matthew

Nicole from Southern New Hampshire here! Kind of wish we had stayed in Las Vegas so I could be closer to the Legion M action but these forums will help bring us all together regardless of location I am sure :) 

Nothing really exciting to report on myself. Married, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 anoles. Born and raised in beautiful Heidelberg Germany (army brat), I've lived all over the US.  I am a total TV/Movie junky so when the opportunity to invest in Legion M came up, I jumped on it. I'm looking forward to wherever this crazy ride takes us !

9 hours ago, Adam Doochin said:

Hi,

I'm Adam, from Nashville, TN. Glad to be here!

:hello:Adam! I've been waiting to see Nashville in here! I'm in Brentwood. Let's get the Nashville Legion going strong :):omg:

13 hours ago, Liloo said:

Liloo from Florida. Hi, everyone!

What part of FL, Liloo?  I'm originally from Miami, but live up by NYC now. Welcome!

Hey all - I'm with the www.TheForgeStudios.com, so excited about opportunities for us fellow creatives...

Looking forward to going on this journey together. 

14 minutes ago, Ron Newcomb said:

Hey all - I'm with the www.TheForgeStudios.com, so excited about opportunities for us fellow creatives...

Welcome to the forum Ron.

52 minutes ago, Ron Newcomb said:

Welcome @Ron Newcomb! Glad to have you here!

@Matthew Blocker  :wow:  You have a lot of awesome interests and activities! Love it!!  Welcome aboard!

11 minutes ago, Larissa Bussell said:

Hello, 

I'm Larissa, from sunny california.  It's wonderful meeting all of you! :) 

Welcome Larissa! I'm in CA as well on the central coast!  xD

17 minutes ago, MeriJewel said:

Welcome Larissa! I'm in CA as well on the central coast!  xD

Oh awesome!  I'm in ever sunny Southen California.   

Hi Legion M,

My name is George and I am an amateur photographer and communications wonk. Glad to be here.

I live down in the Southwestern US (Phoenix, AZ soon)

Edited by George Schafer
Oh yeah, location!

Just now, George Schafer said:

Hi Legion M,

My name is George and I am an amateur photographer and communications wonk. Glad to be here.

Hi @George Schafer! Welcome aboard! Let us know if you have any questions or need help finding anything. :)

Hi..I'm Peter, and I'm in the Midwest (Kansas City metro area). I'm a board game enthusiast that also enjoys video games with strong narratives (they are a great medium for interactive storytelling, that when done right, can create powerful experiences). My two toddler daughters and teenage stepson keep me busy most of the time.

Hi,

I am Robert from Houston, Texas. I am an Applications Supervisor for an Aviation Services company.

On the side I work on websites and am learning to make simple iOS games with Swift and SpriteKit.

I can't wait to see what happens with Legion M, investment wise, project wise, etc. etc.

I have some ideas I would like to submit when that is up and ready.

Hi, I'm Terri from North Florida.  I'm very excited to be a small part of this wonderful project!

Lifelong pop-culture fanatic! I've attende three cons and actially worked at one in Nashville---love to travel!

3 minutes ago, Terri Rykard said:

Hi, I'm Terri from North Florida.  I'm very excited to be a small part of this wonderful project!

Lifelong pop-culture fanatic! I've attende three cons and actially worked at one in Nashville---love to travel!

Welcome @Terri Rykard! Glad you are here!