Jeremy McClintock

Legion M Staff / East Coast

11 posts in this topic

Greetings, Fellow Legionnaires!

Been meaning to ask about this for a little while... I'll start with a little background first.

I'm a Service-Connected Disabled Veteran, and lost my job back in July. Recently I decided it was time to find something new... something better! I was wondering if Legion M anticipates growing our staff anytime in the relatively near future?

The vast majority of activities, events, etc. are pretty West Coast centric, but there are a ton of us out East that are just as enthusiastic and fired-up to get involved!  I live in the Pittsburgh, PA area. With Point Park University, and the relatively large film/theatre/cinema community out this way (Bryan Cranston & Steve Carell are currently filming here actually), our area would be a fantastic place to do some more eastern activities. I'd love to become a lot more involved!

I attached my resume for review (my background is in Tech), but I've got tons more to offer than that. I originally thought to send this via email, but I think it better to ask on here so that others can chime in, and perhaps us East Coast folks can get more opportunity for those of us that are too far away! B|

J_McClintock-Resume-20171006.pdf

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great question! I’m sure we all would love to be official staff someday. Just FYI - @Terri Pinon is in NYC and she is now official Legion M staff. She has been coordinating the events on the east coast as well. :)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @MeriJewel!  Honestly, even more volunteer involvement would be great! I've just had a heck of a time finding folks in my area!! :( Pittsburgh actually has a fairly regular Con that I'd love to help participate in!  SteelCityCon happens every few months.

Edited by Jeremy M
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jeremy M I'm right there with you. There are a few investors where I am and everything seems to be on the West Coast, which is way out of reach for me right now. I volunteer where I can and hopefully next time Legion M is down in Austin for SXSW I can get there. :)

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking about the whole East Coast thing...

Most of the promos etc. are for the folks out in California (e.g. the Star Wars ticket contest). I've got some thoughts on ways we might be able to broaden the scope to include us remote folks.

@Damian Beurer & @Jeff Annison - I'm sure it's something on the table for the future... I'd love to hear what might be in the works already, and if some of us volunteer-type people could possibly get more involved to make things happen?

Edited by Jeremy M
Turning on reply notifications
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 0:00 PM, Nikki Ackerman said:

@Jeremy M I'm right there with you. There are a few investors where I am and everything seems to be on the West Coast, which is way out of reach for me right now. I volunteer where I can and hopefully next time Legion M is down in Austin for SXSW I can get there. :)

March.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Adam Cox said:

Good luck Dude! -Adam

Thanks @Adam Cox. I really want to get involved, and would love to work out ways us remote Legionnaires can participate!  I'm hoping this thread might at least start a conversation to that effect! :ph34r:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 2:58 PM, Jeremy M said:

Greetings, Fellow Legionnaires!

Been meaning to ask about this for a little while... I'll start with a little background first.

I'm a Service-Connected Disabled Veteran, and lost my job back in July. Recently I decided it was time to find something new... something better! I was wondering if Legion M anticipates growing our staff anytime in the relatively near future?

The vast majority of activities, events, etc. are pretty West Coast centric, but there are a ton of us out East that are just as enthusiastic and fired-up to get involved!  I live in the Pittsburgh, PA area. With Point Park University, and the relatively large film/theatre/cinema community out this way (Bryan Cranston & Steve Carell are currently filming here actually), our area would be a fantastic place to do some more eastern activities. I'd love to become a lot more involved!

I attached my resume for review (my background is in Tech), but I've got tons more to offer than that. I originally thought to send this via email, but I think it better to ask on here so that others can chime in, and perhaps us East Coast folks can get more opportunity for those of us that are too far away! B|

J_McClintock-Resume-20171006.pdf

Hi @Jeremy M! Sorry this took me a while to respond to. I'm in NYC and have an occasional event here. There are a few members in the Philly area that started a Facebook page to plan stuff together: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194409943990915/  Maybe do the same by creating a dedicated page for the Pittsburgh area? I can check the database to see how many members/investors are actually in your surrounding area to give you an idea. We're so small still that making it to every Con is impossible and financially irresponsible. Once we grow we'll be able to spread out and attend/plan more events around other parts of the country. Especially around our own project releases.  - Terri P

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Terri Pinon said:

Hi @Jeremy M! Sorry this took me a while to respond to. I'm in NYC and have an occasional event here. There are a few members in the Philly area that started a Facebook page to plan stuff together: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194409943990915/  Maybe do the same by creating a dedicated page for the Pittsburgh area? I can check the database to see how many members/investors are actually in your surrounding area to give you an idea. We're so small still that making it to every Con is impossible and financially irresponsible. Once we grow we'll be able to spread out and attend/plan more events around other parts of the country. Especially around our own project releases.  - Terri P

Thanks so much, @Terri Pinon! I did try here on the forums a while back. It would definitely be cool to have an organized group here!  I definitely understand about making various Cons etc.  I did apply for the Social Media Manager position! Maybe I can help that way!! :D:ph34r:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 3:28 PM, Jeremy M said:

Thanks so much, @Terri Pinon! I did try here on the forums a while back. It would definitely be cool to have an organized group here!  I definitely understand about making various Cons etc.  I did apply for the Social Media Manager position! Maybe I can help that way!! :D:ph34r:

@Jeremy M that's great! we're getting flooded with applications. Good luck! We may be having a few things coming up in several East Coast cities. Stay tuned for today's big announcement on Fb!!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now