Jeff Annison

Episode 0.1

9 posts in this topic

In true agile fashion, we shot our very first prototype episode of Pitch Elevator yesterday evening. The role of host was played by Terri Lubaroff. The role of celebrity judge was played by David Baxter. @Damian Beurer directed, while @Matan Goldstein and Stephanie acted as crew.

The shoot went well. We already have some good learnings and notes. Damian is producing a rough cut of episode 0.1 so we can evaluate timing, pacing, etc. It's nice to see this baby sputtering to life. By the time our real Hosts/Guests arrive, we hope to have all the bugs worked out, (and be ready for a whole new set!)

The only downside is that our  production executives now consider themselves "talent", and are demanding riders on their contracts--David needs his own trailer, and apparently Terri only eats red M&Ms. #HollywoodProblems

IMG_1352-low.jpg

22 minutes ago, Patrick Wiley said:

Have the top 40 been selected and notified yet? When will they be announced? 

Yes, Patrick. They were announce a few weeks ago. I'm not really sure where the list of the finalists and alternates is. I would like to see a list of the titles of their projects since that's how I remember them, rather than the specific names of the people who pitched. 

10 minutes ago, Jonathan McMahon said:

Yes, Patrick. They were announce a few weeks ago. I'm not really sure where the list of the finalists and alternates is. I would like to see a list of the titles of their projects since that's how I remember them, rather than the specific names of the people who pitched. 

Oh... well I guess I didn't make the cut in that case since they would have informed me separately. 

15 hours ago, Patrick Wiley said:

Oh... well I guess I didn't make the cut in that case since they would have informed me separately. 

You aren't the only one.

@Patrick Wiley--anyone that submitted should have received an e-mail. We've contacted the 33 semi-finalists, and send e-mails to the alternates, and everybody else that submitted a pitch.  Might want to check your promotions or spam filter. It was only the top 8% that advanced, so don't feel too bad if you didn't make it.  We're hoping to launch another season next year--so hopefully you'll get another shot!

34 minutes ago, Jeff Annison said:

@Patrick Wiley--anyone that submitted should have received an e-mail. We've contacted the 33 semi-finalists, and send e-mails to the alternates, and everybody else that submitted a pitch.  Might want to check your promotions or spam filter. It was only the top 8% that advanced, so don't feel too bad if you didn't make it.  We're hoping to launch another season next year--so hopefully you'll get another shot!

I think my spam folder ate my email. :(