MeriJewel

Stargate Origins

8 posts in this topic

Hello Stargate Fans!

As many of you know, there was a Stargate Panel at SDCC this year. Our very own @Damian Beurer was on the panel and @Ryan Heath Nixon was also involved. During the panel they announced that Stargate is coming back! Yes, you heard that right, STARGATE IS BACK!

The new series, Stargate Origins, is a web series with each episode lasting 10 minutes. Head on over to www.stargatecommand.co to get on the mailing list so you will be notified when the new Stargate Command website is up. This website will be a community of Stargate fans where you can find episodes of the past series and of the upcoming Stargate Origins.  I think it will be like our Legion M forums where the fans can interact with each other and be involved in different ways. The site is an MGM site. 

Let's discuss Stargate Origins. Yes, the episodes are only 10 minutes long, but you know what? I'm excited that Stargate is living on in some way. If all of us fans support this new series, we will show MGM that we are serious and we want more Stargate! Hopefully this will lead to more episodes, and longer episodes!

Here is a video that @Ryan Heath Nixon put together from the announcement and 20th Anniversary SG-1 party.

Thanks for posting this! We had an amazing team and thank you to all the Legion members who helped with the party and was amazing to meet so many of you in person!

Loved watching it again! I had forgotten a lot of it due to all the excitement! Can't believe they show me in the video. I'm such a nerd! And I love it! 🤣

I found Legion M because of the Stargate excitement on the Gateworld site. I am wondering, what role is Legion M playing going forward with the Stargate franchise? I know the legion had a panelist on the announcement but is here anything else in the works? I have listened to all the updates and haven't heard much Stargate talk. 

13 hours ago, Nathan Fowlkes said:

I am wondering, what role is Legion M playing going forward with the Stargate franchise?

Hi Nathan.  Welcome to the Forum!

We were in negotiations to be part of the sequels produced by Emmerich and Devlin but, as you probably know, those films seem to have fallen through.  As far as I know there are no plans in the works for us to be part of the Origins web series, but that could always change in the future.

I am not aware of any negotiations with Emmerich and Devlin and that all tanked before we got moving on SGO.

We have already been a huge part of this with the panel and announcement. Will not surprise me they ask for more help down the road!

1 hour ago, Ryan Heath Nixon said:

I am not aware of any negotiations with Emmerich and Devlin and that all tanked before we got moving on SGO.

We have already been a huge part of this with the panel and announcement. Will not surprise me they ask for more help down the road!

I hope they ask for our help! I would love to be involved any way possible. For now, just going to help spread the word online!