Shao Lopez

Stan Lee's LA Comic-Con Oct 27-29th 2017

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Are you Ready for the Fun and Excitement to Continue?  

Then Get Prepared for 

Home

http://www.stanleeslacomiccon.com/

I will be bringing one of the youngest investors to this con as well CoolDLo (my son) will be joining me as well as two of our newest Investors from Texas ! ! !

So get on Board people and Lets Rock this CON ! !

Edited by Shao Lopez

@Shao Lopez, I'm trying to talk myself into going to the Halloween party at Disneyland on the 27th. If I do, I'll most likely go to this on Saturday. I'll also have my son with me who is also an investor ;)  

I wonder if any of the Legion M execs will be there. Maybe we can plan a meet-up?

I'll for sure be at Disneyland the Friday before, so if there is anything going on Saturday at SLLACC I'd like to go. :)

Thanks @Terri Lubaroff! Looks like some people in the SoCal area want to do the meetup in the evening after the con is done for the day, so as not to interfere with other panels they might go to, or be involved with. I'm not sticking around till that late because I have to drive home 6 hours north. If you're there on Saturday and want to meetup let me know.  Would love to see everyone again! Hopefully you all will be there and I can say hi during the day! :)

On 9/3/2017 at 10:53 PM, MeriJewel said:

Thanks @Terri Lubaroff! Looks like some people in the SoCal area want to do the meetup in the evening after the con is done for the day, so as not to interfere with other panels they might go to, or be involved with. I'm not sticking around till that late because I have to drive home 6 hours north. If you're there on Saturday and want to meetup let me know.  Would love to see everyone again! Hopefully you all will be there and I can say hi during the day! :)

I'm down.

@Terri Pinon I am thinking we need to do a restaurant in the evening.  I know Daniel my son wants to meet all of you in person as he's heard so much about most of you.  So how does Friday the 27th sound?

On 10/3/2017 at 8:27 PM, Shao Lopez said:

@Terri Pinon I am thinking we need to do a restaurant in the evening.  I know Daniel my son wants to meet all of you in person as he's heard so much about most of you.  So how does Friday the 27th sound?

We are definitely planning a meetup in the evening -- details to come soon! @Damian Beurer and @DavidBaxter are working on it!

48 minutes ago, Terri Lubaroff said:

We are definitely planning a meetup in the evening -- details to come soon! @Damian Beurer and @DavidBaxter are working on it!

Sweet! I might just have to stay the night then! XD

On 9/11/2017 at 6:41 PM, Terri Pinon said:

Some initial ideas near the convention center that take groups if you guys want to start taking a peek. I'll keep adding to this list. Let me know if you have other suggestions. I'm just yelping.

Breakfast/Brunch/Coffee options - il caffe, espressamente illy

Bars/ - Prank

Lunch - Arashi SushiEl Compadre

The il caffe is the grab and go in the lobby of the JW Marriott, it is not a restaurant. 

Laat year we took over a portion of the Lobby bar at the hotel,  so that is always a possibility, but LA Live is full of restaurants, but you always have loads of people around so groups can be hard. The Yardhouse is one option very near the JW Marriott, there is an El Cholo a block from Staples Center that is very yummy, the Pantry is about a blick away too. 

If people want to put a little distance between the con crowd, the Central LA Market place is celebrating it's 100th anniversary on Friday, October 27 from 6-10pm, free cake fir everyone and it's home to some 2 dozen restaurants so that people can grab whatever type of food they want, and then all grab tables near each other. The other cool place in downtown is Cliftons, its supposed to be sort of like Swiss Family Robinson meets Hobbiton 

I'll go find some links so people can consider places, if you like

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, Terri Lubaroff said:
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:47 AM, Matthew D. Hunt said:

Here is one of the panels I'll be on. Hope to see you all there! Stop and say HI! 

http://www.stanleeslacomiccon.com/program/how-be-god-fictional-world-creation

I am in town now until after the con, I move hotels to the JW Marriot on the 26th, so when you guys figure out what night you want to meet, let me know. Looking forward to it! 

All the cool kids seem to have panels on Saturday. For those of you arriving to the con early I will be moderating a panel on J.R.R. Tolkien at 10am.

http://www.stanleeslacomiccon.com/program/80-years-middle-earth-why-tolkien-still-so-relevant

Looks like it will pair nicely with Matthew's World Building panel. And @Terri Lubaroff is doing a panel that day too at 1pm.

http://www.stanleeslacomiccon.com/program/geek-girl-authority-presents-women-doing-cool-sht-female-movers-and-shakers-entertainment

Edited by Cathy Udovch

Okay, We're Officially a week away from Liftoff.  Let's get this ironed out.

1. Friday meeting location and time                                    Lunch groups times vary depending on the events and Dinner groups
  2. Saturday meeting location and time                              Lunch groups times vary depending on the events and Dinner groups
  3. Sunday Meeting location and time                                 Lunch groups times vary depending on the events and Dinner groups

Contact Info for people going to the Con that wants to be included in Group Text Messages for the Event's   If you Send me a Text message

saying you want to be included in the Group Text I will get it started and add as the requests come in.  Below you will find my contact information.

Spoiler

Shao Lopez (661)536-3706

The exhibit hall on Friday doesn't open until 1pm, so a lunch on that day could happen before the chaos. My goal is to be there before that, since I need to check into the Residence Inn. I was planning on hitting the Smashburger in LA Live on my way between the hotel and the Convention Center.

Dinner meet ups apparently being decided upon by @David Baxter and @Damian Beurer 

I'm at Disneyland all Friday and night. 

Today I bought my pass for SLLACC for Saturday Also for the autograph and picture with Stan Lee and princess Leia's dog. Allen will like that. Lol

I kept my hotel at Disneyland for Sat night too. 

So Friday meet up is going to be at Cliftons

https://www.facebook.com/events/487572541626332/

I'm kinda hoping for El Cholo on Saturday, and if not there, then the Mixology lounge at the J.W. Marriott like last time, but we'll just have to wait and see what is decided upon by the team.

I have a suggestion for an event on Sunday, should anyone be game for it, and want to do something a little out of the ordinary.

Te Puia, a Maori group from Rotorua in New Zealand will have an arts, cultural and performance exhibit all this week running in Venice called Tuku Iho: Living Legacy.

To learn a little about what this group is, click below

https://www.nzmaci.com/projects/tuku-iho/ for

There will be live carvings of wood and green stone (jade), Kapa Haka performances and the artwork, and even some tattoo artists. And I just found out while researching sites to give you for more info, Air New Zealand is tossing out a prize for 2 tickets to New Zealand. I was already going on Sunday, but now there is more incentive for you to come along as well. The big performances will be at 11am and 3:30pm each day a 10 minute walk from the Rose Room down to the Venice pier, gives them room to do their thing.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1129862033813033/

So anyone interested in going to see the Maori event on Sunday, just let me know.